- What did the first PSP concept model look like? Find out.
- When did PSP get its internet browser? Find out.
- How quickly did the homebrew scene develop? Find out.
- What was one of Sony's worst marketing disasters? Find out.
- What importer was closed because it sold Japanese PSP systems? Find out.
- How long did it take for PSP to get its first real price drop? Find out.
- What sold 77,777 copies on day one? Find out.
It looks like EGM's Rumor Mill is starting to develop into truth. "Square Enix is whipping up a wild lineup for PSP this year ... These guys are serious too! I'm talking new games, remakes of old classics, and an all-new, unexpected Final Fantasy spinoff that will make the fanboys flip."
Well, we can check off "remakes of old classics" off the list: Square Enix just announced their "20th Anniversary Series," which will be heading to PSP. First two games on the table? Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition and Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition. Both games will feature the enhancements of the Nintendo-published Final Fantasy I & II Advance: Dawn of Souls, and also include new CG movies and "further enhancements."
While these aren't the games we've been clamoring for, I guess it's a step in the right direction. Any support from Square Enix is better than none, right? As it stands now, I'd much rather wait for Crisis Core than these remakes of remakes. Hopefully, we'll see the rest of the "wild lineup" that EGM hinted at.
[Thanks, zaki! Via The Magic Box]
[Update 1: Scans are available at Jeux-France.]