Are your friends interested in getting a PSP? Do they want to run homebrew? Well, they better run out and get one, as Sony's been shipping new hardware that has the latest firmware, 2.81 installed. As of now, there is no way of downgrading or running homebrew apps on a 2.81 PSP. To avoid this kind of system at the store, watch out for the letter L above the system's boxcode.
1. Download the demo ZIP file.
2. Extract the contents of the ZIP file.
3. Connect your PSP to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Go to the PSP/GAME folder.
5. Copy UCUS98655 folder into the GAME directory.
Check out our new demos site:
I'm assuming the talented homebrew community won't take long. Already, it appears that 2.81 can also be successfully decrypted using the same methods.
[Via PSP Hacks]