Like many PSP owners, I like the added functionality of Dark_Alex's custom firmware. What I didn't like though was how Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters didn't work on my PSP because of it. Luckily, the fine folks at DCEmu have come up with a solution. Let me run you through it step by step, so you too can get Ratchet swinging his wrench on your custom firmware.
- First, totally turn off your PSP (not sleep mode)
- Now, hold down the right trigger and turn it back on
- This will bring you to recovery menu where you can change several options
- Configuration: Game folder homebrew (currently:3.XX Kernal), Use NO-UMD (currently:disabled), Fake region (currently: America), Free UMD region (currently:enabled)
- Advanced configuration: Plain modules in UMD/ISO (currently:enabled)
- CPU Speed: Speed in UMD/ISO (currently:266)
- Plugins: All disabled
And that should do it. Now you can play the greatness that is Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. Thanks again for the great fix DCEmu community!