Being able to play homebrew on firmware 2.80
is an amazing accomplishment. However, most people that have firmware 2.80 probably don't know the very basics of running homebrew on their system. While there have been guides
created in the past
, a new one has popped up on the PlayStation boards
. Shamoo teaches you the steps necessary to run fan-favorite DDR clone, PSP Revolution
, on your system.
- Download the eLoader on your computer.
- Connect your PSP to your computer via USB.
- Install the eLoader.
- Make sure you choose this kind of installation: "TIFF, Installatron + Xloader - RECOMMENDED"
- Ensure the following options are checked: "TIFF, xLoader (for 2.80), Installatron, emenu"
- You're done installing the eLoader. Now, it's time to get homebrew programs.
The full tutorial
shows you how to download and install PSP Revolution
on your system. It's not complicated at all--it just involves moving some folders into your PSP's GAME directory, and a few more steps. Of course, with firmware 3.0
on the horizon, what choice will you make? Stick with homebrew, or keep advancing with Sony's official upgrades?